Pages

Thursday, 6 October 2011

Neon Spring Night Market


Last week Friday, I attended the first market of the season hosted by You & Me & Everyone We Know held at the Labia on Orange. Unfortunately, Jill could not make it- and she sorely missed out!

The market was themed Neon Spring, and all I could muster from my closet was a neon pink racer back top. I have very few floral prints, but it would have been great to have broken out of my 'comfort zone of blacks and greys' and to have mixed and matched bright colours with prints.

I wore my very versatile over-sized black blazer over the tank top, as it was a very windy evening, and I balanced the look with skinny jeans. The animal print scarf was purely to shield my ears from the biting and dreaded South-Easter, but I think it actually went great to finish an outfit off with very little accessories.



 Top: Jay Jays
Jacket: Mr Price
Jeans: Lee Cooper
Shoes: Zoom
Scarf: Meltz 


We arrived quite late in the evening and it being my first experience of the night market, I was ovewhelmed by how full it was. There really wasn’t any room to take any decent photographs of the stalls, people or wares, just enough room to take of my feet!

  
  
Image: Elle Decoration

There were the usual vintage wares of clothes an accessories, where some have seen better days and others too ill-fitting to even try on, but I then I stumbled upon Babette Clothing. There were the most gorgeous handbags, little accessories and a little to the left of it, pretty dresses that were very unique in both style and pattern! The talented designer behind Babette Clothing is Barbara Lotter, based in Woodstock, where she revises vintage dresses  into modern pieces applicable to today. Her dresses are reasonably priced and she told me that she has an open day every first Wednesday of the month. Her studio is at 66-68 Albert Road Woodstock Industrial Centre, first floor unit F107 .(Go check out her website and blog too). I didn’t snag any one of her dresses, but I did grab one of her handbags, which I want in every colour. Will show it off  soon...




I also walked away with very cool pair of retro sunnies for a steal.





Overall, it was a great night: taking in the beats, browsing and snacking and I left feeling quite inspired. I cannot wait for the next one! Go check out You & Me & Everyone We Know's website here to stay tuned when the next market will happen.

* Sasha

2 comments:

  1. looks like so much fun! i would love to attend something like that

    ReplyDelete
  2. hahaha kwaai frizzies sash! and nice sunnies also. u cudda picked me up a pair too you know

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...