Pages

Friday, 4 November 2011

Fiaiche Ayres

To celebrate a friend's birthday, I took her to a little pace she introduced me to. When first describing the place she stated that they make the best chocolate cake, so I thought it would be fitting seeing as it was her birthday.


It's quite a hidden place, and occupies a good couple of square meters within a nursery. It's located in Mowbray, down the road from our Campus. On our first visit together, I could definitely reinforce that they do in fact  make the best home made chocolate cake.



It has an extremely homey feel, the decor itself supports that. It's not an extravegant place but rather quaint and provided a sense of intimacy. There are essentially two seating areas- namely; the inside area and the outdoor shaded area. Today we sat outside and were sheltered from the wind as well as provided with warmth from a gas heater.




These are the generous portions which we were served at a very affordable price. The cakes are so delicious, it proves extremely hard to put your fork down. I personally prefer home made cakes to that of purchased shop cakes. Give their Red Cappucinos a try...a perfect blend!
 


I love the bill bucket which they use, much more aesthetically pleasing than the common black bill folders. It could just be the pastel coloured polka dot detail which grabs my attention. I love colour and innovative unique ideas- so well done on that!






The cafe is literally situated in the middle of the nursery- don't worry there aren't any weird compost odours. You have the beautiful setting whilst enjoying a meal. I havent tried their restuarant menu as yet, but from what I've seen and smelt, it looks divine.



Cape Town's weather has been so inconsistent and completely out of character for this time of year. I definitely should not still be wearing tights or cardigans. I have literally packed away my winter garments and have filled my rails with summer items, just wish the weather would play along now.





Apart from the light lemon colour, it definitley was the bow detail which influenced my decision to purchase this cardigan. This shop has since closed down and for the life of me I cannot remeber its name - Yes, this was my only purchase from that store.


Dress: Mr Price
Pumps: Shoerama
Necklace: 'A Gift'
Opaque tights: Woolworths
Scarf: PnP Clothing

* Jill

4 comments:

  1. You look so cute :), love the combination. The dress is so beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanx so much, Im not sure if it's a top or a dress - but i opted for the latter :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. great outfit , i love it

    plenty lovee & swaag
    xoxo. Shariece

    http://beautyorswaag.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. hi! i want to invite you to meet my blog! It all about fashion and inspiration for our outfits!

    I love to answer comments and i always follow back! = )


    kisses from La Mode En Rose = )

    www.lamodenrose.com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...