Pages

Friday, 25 November 2011

Vintage Find: Pussy Bow Blouse



There is something so ultra feminine about a Pussy Bow Blouse. Named strangely after cats wearing ribbons around their necks, the 1950's brought us the pussy bow blouse that has stood the test of time and now is a must have classic item for any women. They go with almost anything- skirts, pants, shorts or jeans- and create an effortlessly chic look.

I wore one of my favourite pussy bow blouse's I purchased from the vintage store Rewardrobe to work, and paired it with a classic black pencil skirt and court shoes. I tend to always be drawn to frilly, delicate and feminine shirts or blouses, so when I saw this I just had to have it. The bright cerise pink colour of the blouse won me over too- and seeing it in my closet always lifts my mood.

I hope everyone, who celebrates it, has had a wonderful Thanksgiving Day spent with family and friends. For me, this officially marks the beginning of my festive season of:
-birthday celebrations in a weeks time,
-having a well deserved break from work,
-spending many days in the sun at the beach
-spending time with friends and family,
-gift-giving and,
-eating lots!

Tis the season to be jolly…







Top: Rewardrobe
Skirt: Edgars
Shoes: Mr Price
Bag: Woolworths

 

[Disclaimer: Since this week is all about being thankful, I would like to take this chance to thank my photographer and boyfriend, Angus. I have not given him any credit thus far for being such a natural at capturing great images, not only for the blog but for his personal use as well. 

So thank-you Angus for putting up with me in those moments when I am really camera shy and for your incredible eye for detail.]

*Sasha 

2 comments:

  1. Amazing pictures! This bright pink looks soo good on you. In fact, you look stunning. I love that your top is vintage...I have a thing for vintage blouses :)

    Hope you have a wonderful weekend!

    xoxo Azu

    www.ravenhaireddoll.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm all for bold colors and this is amazing.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...