Pages

Friday, 11 November 2011

Windblown




The one element I really do not like is the wind. Simply because even though the sun is shining, the South-Easter, especially in Cape Town, makes it freaking cold and quite uncomfortable to be outside.
For today's post however, I have decided to change my thinking and even though I don’t like it, to try and begin to celebrate the wind. Here are my five reasons to celebrate the wind (in Cape Town):


1. Even though it has been cold and rainy earlier this week, I take it that the wind we are experiencing now signifies that the seasons are changing and that Summer is well on its way to Cape Town.
·
 
2. The way Table Mountain gets draped in windblown clouds is beautiful.

3. I am not a fan of being out in the wind but being indoors and listening to how it whistles outside is magical.

 4. There are lots of activites to enjoy in the wind like flying a kite, wind surfing, sailing… etc. None of which  I partake in, but I would love to add them to my list of things to do this holiday season.

            5. There is nothing compared to having the wind blow through your hair and actually enjoying it. I also love how Belgian designer Maison Martin Margiela at this years Paris Fashion Week had his models rock messy hair like they were outdoors in the wind (see images below). I really wonder how they made it up and down the runway in one piece with their hair covering their eyes. I also thought his AW/11 was one the most wearable collections at Fashion Week- made up of basic tones of caramel, white and black and the play of structured leather.

I am preferring more natural/neutral tones for workwear at the moment, like creams, nudes and caramel...
 


 

Top: Mr Price
Pants: Queens Park
Shoes: Kelso, Edgars
Pendant: Mr Price
Bag: Milady's
Cuff: Aldo
Watch: Mink
Sunglasses: Vintage, You, Me and Everyone We Know Market


 



All images from afterDRK
Paris Fashion Week- Maison Martin Margiela



Today is the eleventh day of the eleventh month 2011! How are you spending it?


*Sasha

3 comments:

  1. looking good and windy ^^ hope you had a good 11.11.11 ^^

    ReplyDelete
  2. U LOOK AMAZINGGGG LOVE THAT OUTFIT!!!i am a new fashion blogger from indonesia living in singapore :) i really like your blog. i will really appreciate & it will be an honor to have u as my blog member.

    and of course i will folback!:D also, u can mention me anytime on twitter @tiodang if you want me to check out your latest post & leave a comment ^^ ,please list me on twitter, so i will know u're my follower!! ;)

    i've just recommend your post to google!u can check it! that's what u got if you keep in touch with my blog too!! hope u will do the same ^^
    (u can add me on facebook and contact me at : cheeringwinda@yahoo.com)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loving Maison MM!
    Have a nice day...

    (www.the-parisienne.com)
    ...and maybe we can follow each others?!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...